Thread: Need suggestion to buy an MidSize Chassis for new system

Need suggestion to buy an MidSize Chassis for new system

I need help for deciding to buy an MidSize Chassis. I am helping a friend to build up his new system. The system will comprise of an Core 2 Duo cpu with an 512Mb Nvidia gpu support and 1TB hard drive. Along with a DVD writer and gigabyte motherboard. I got a cpu case which is very small and the place is conjusted in this. It is an small case which I want to change and use a mid size cabinet. Which one will be better to buy. Because of graphic card the small cabinet looks really ugly. Thanks.

Re: Need suggestion to buy an MidSize Chassis for new system

There are ample of mid size case you can go for. The one of manufacturer is Cooler Master. Go on their site and look for an mid size case and buy the same. I will recommend HAF 932 for the configuration you told. Because as per me that will surely fix with your graphic card and motherboard. This is also called as CM Storm. In one line this cpu case can be counted as a gaming cabinet. So you can also use this for future upgrades.

Try Antec Three Hundred, it an entry level mid size cpu case. The case is offered on a very low price and quiet effective also. I will not say that this case has some kind of extra power and support. Just an regular and strong cpu cabinet. When you see this cabinet first time then you will find this an an cabinet for gaming pc. It is equipped with LED which gives it a very different kind of look. There is enough room inside to handle higher gpu's also.

I had assembled a system on HAF-932. This is not just a cabinet but a gamers case. It provides you a gaming cpu case look with smaller dimension. It has a metal mesh grilles and rub on the front while the rest of the chassis is in black. The cabinet is broad enough to fit over the entire device inside it. You can add up hard drives and gpu's as many as you want and use them altogether. There are additional ram provided on this for more cooling support.

Antec 900 is an higher model in this. It is a bit costly but really life long case. I was looking for a box capable of maintaining its cool hardware support and I landed up this one. I found it best among the mid size case. The appearance is nice, it is long enough to hold fans other support. The fan is TriCool 20 cm at the top which keeps your temperature lower. It is made up of steel and painted in deep black with quiet a nice lightning stuff. It has a large 20 cm fan for wiping heat out.

Anyhow Antec rules in the cabinet thing. I wil also recommend Antec for the same purpose. I think you are mostly trying to get an mid size type of cabinet which can handle proper cooling and also support your upgrades in future. The Antec P180 is a good example for this. It is released a long time before and quiet recommended till know also due to its design and features. There are other more cabinets in the same range I had seen and you can try.