Thread: Front panel audio output not working

Front panel audio output not working

My motherboard is Intel D101GGC and i have a Realtek HD audio drivers. I have a problem with front panel audio output. The front panel mic, headphone usb and even the power button doesn't work. Back pannel is fine, but front panel audio output is not coming. Why does my front panel audio output not working? Any idea about it? Please help me out. Thanks.

Re: Front panel audio output not working

Sound is now working OK in all applications but my front mic and headphones are not. If I enable front mic as a output it work but as an input it's silent. Open the case, look at the motherboard manual and put the front panel wires where they belong to (the part of the wire's header with the arrow key usually goes to the lowest number pin used for that wire).

Open the case and look for a loose wire. To get the touch sensitive power button working you need to connect the yellow and black (I believe) wire that comes out from the top panel into the connector that is on the 24 pin extension cable you got with your case.

Go to realtek manager in control panel. Could be the driver that route the signal to the front output. Click on audio without tab on the top. click on the setting button next to analog. There, tick "Disable Front Panel Jack Detection". There are many settings within the NI-VXI driver, so I will need more information in order to be able to instruct you how to change the setting. Once you tick on that option, your front jack should start working. Another thing, my computer does not detect the headphone when I plug it in the front jack, it just works.

Happy Re: Front panel audio output not working

it worked for me .a few click in realtek manager in control panel and every thing is ok .i have been using my computer for several months and wondering why my front panel jack doesnt work . i thought it was a problem it the mobo
    thanks man