Thread: Pioneer DVD RW not working in Windows 7

Pioneer DVD RW not working in Windows 7

Hi,
    I had brought a DVD RW from my friend to install some new games in my PC. I am using Windows 7 right now. When I connected the optical drive in the system it is not detected by Windows 7. I open My Computer the icon sometime appears and some time not. I had tried plugging and unplugging the cable but still no success yet. The DVD drive is showing light that means power supply is fine. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Pioneer DVD RW not working in Windows 7

It is possible that your cable is not fine. Which cable you are using right now. Try to put the cable in different slots on the motherboard. Attach the DVD and enter your BIOS settings by pressing F10 or Del or relevant key. In the first page of BIOS settings check that the DVD drive is listed. If it is not then your system is not detecting the drive. Change the cables and try back.

It is necessary that the DVD drive must be listed in the BIOS page. If not then you cannot use it. This mostly a cable issue. If you anyhow managed to get the DVD in the BIOS then try to update the firmware of the drive. The firmware download for the same is provided on the official site for free download. The best way will checking the cables. That can sort your issue out.

Fix up the jumper settings properly. It is necessary that your BIOS must detect the DVD drive as secondary or primary device. If not then there might be issue with the Device. The best possible way will be first to change the cable and then checking the device is working fine or not. If this does not work then try to use a external DVD drive.