Thread: Code 10 error on sound drive

Code 10 error on sound drive

Just few days back i had formatted my system. After formatting my pc, now i had installed a new copy of Windows Xp on my system. After installing Windows Xp on my machine, i had install all drivers from my drivers cd . But the problem is that when i try to play any song on my system, i don't get any sound from my pc. It shows an error code 10 on my sound drive. Can any body tell me that why it shows error code 10 on my sound drive? What i need to do in order to get rid of the above issue? Does nay body knows about this issue? Please help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Code 10 error on sound drive

This problem occurs when the IEEE 1394 bus is reset. A bus reset is a regular occurrence on the 1394 bus and occurs every time that you plug or unplug a 1394 device. It means that if the device which is throwing the error has added its own custom error text to your Windows system when the device was installed, then when the device encounters an error, you will see the custom error message specific to that device.

Microsoft recommends that when this happens, you click “Update Driver” to update the drivers for the device. For that you can check out the following link. The Code 10 error code is generated when Device Manager has insufficient information or the error that is bubbled up by the device drivers is not recognized by Device Manager. You can also start the Windows troubleshooting wizard by going to the general properties tab of the device, and clicking on “Troubleshoot”.

Before doing this, be sure that you have the correct and most up-to-date versions of the driver(s) for that device. During a bus reset, the IEEE 1394 bus is reinitialized, and all 1394 devices are reenumerated on the bus. In this case, the IEEE 1394 device may not be correctly enumerated.You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the device, using the disk which came with it.