Thread: How to restore Acer PC to Factory Settings

How to restore Acer PC to Factory Settings

I'm having an Acer M3100 desktop PC. I'm running Windows Vista s my operating system. I would like to know that how do i reset PC back to factory settings? Any one have any idea about it? Let me know the correct way for doing it. Would be grateful to you if any body provides me the correct way for doing it. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to restore Acer PC to Factory Settings

Might not be possible, depending on what you did to get to the state you are in, it's impossible to say whether the D2D recovery would work, nominally I think it's ALT+F10 at the ACER Logo. If you set the partion active it will boot and you it will will allow you run recover you will lose data. If that doesn't work I think you are buying the recovery CD/DVD.

Have you tried to create new CDs through eRecovery that came with your laptop? There would have been a program installed on the machine that you run to create the Recovery Disc set. Use a standard windows cd(whatever version you are using) and then boot from it. Once you boot off the cd, you can choose repair instead of install.

As long as the hidden partition is still on the hard drive ( Check Disc Management for hidden partition ) Then press ALT anf F10 at the Acer splash screen. This will take you to the Acer Factory Restore settings menu. However, restoring a system should be a last ditch effort in trying to repair a computer, since restoration causes all programs and many files to be lost forever. Acer eRecovery Management provides a quick, reliable and secure way of restoring your computer to its factory default settings or a custom system image from an image stored in a hidden partition on the hard disk on a secondary partition or on optical disks. Restoring an Acer computer to its original factory settings can be done. Acer eRecovery Management also provides a convenient utility to save system settings, applications and data on the hard disk or optical disc.