Thread: HTPC - iR reciever and keyboard

HTPC - iR reciever and keyboard

Hello.......I just recently acquired a Dell Dimension 3000 Desktop to make a Home Theater Computer. I've installed Windows XP Profession because that is what I had and it is connected to my Samsung 65" DLP. Right now I have a Microsoft Wireless keyboard/mouse combo connected to it which sucks. So I went looking for a new keyboard w/ a mouse all in one piece and found the Microsoft ZV1-00004 Media Center Keyboard which look perfect. It arrived today and I find out it does not have an iR receiver! So I remembered I have an old iR receiver from an old Sony PC that I never used (PCVA-IR5U). Can this be used w/ the keyboard mentioned above or am I sol? If not, what do you suggest.....on the cheap? Thank You! Todd

Re: HTPC - iR reciever and keyboard

I also have the V2 case, MCE Remote and Keyboard but using Vista 32. The installation of a wireless mouse and keyboard is a good idea. Be sure to pick devices that offer a good operating range. I have played around with the VFD quite a bit and it is very limited if you use the supplied Antec VFD driver. If the devices use line of site technology, be sure the mouse and keyboard receiver(s) face the front of the case. It appears that the latest IMON software now fully supports the Antec V2 VFD.

Re: HTPC - iR reciever and keyboard

Thank You for your reply......um, but can you repeat that in english! I am a complete noob to this. What is a VFD? And how do I get the ZV1-00004 keyboard to work on this pc? or is it not possible......