Thread: HDMI Splitter Problem

HDMI Splitter Problem

I have just bought an HDMI splitter to split the output on my sky box between two rooms. I have a Toshiba DLP HDTV set with one HDMI input. One tv is at the end of a 5m hdmi cable, the other at the end of a 20m cable. My whole system consists of a receiver, Toshiba DVD with HDMI and Cox Cable Box. Both tvs work when connected directly to the sky box but if i connect through the splitter via a 1m hdmi cable, both tvs say no signal. Can any one tell me that what is wrong with my HDMI splitter? Is there any problem with my HDMI splitter? Please help me out to resolve the above issue. Any kind of help on teh above issue would be appreciated.

Re: HDMI Splitter Problem

Firstly, there is a new feature update for the 2x2 but this is not related to what is happening in your situation. If you go directly from your Blue Ray to either projector or display you get a picture. Whatever update that was made seems to have either changed the 480i timings or changed the way that the unit reads EDID. But if you are using our 1x2 splitter one of them starts displaying that error message?

Personally I don’t believe it’s a problem with our splitter. The problem may not be the splitter but could possibly be what it was connected to. What are the make and models numbers the devices in question? There just might be something that was over looked. Component would have been ideal, but as you say the next gen boxes will not support this, if anything happened to your box you would then have to find an alternative method, which would have to be the HDMI splitter you now have.

Splitting the Output from an HDCP encrypted HDMI or DVI source is still relatively 'cutting edge' and there are very few options on the market at present. This has caused many issues with many manufactures of equipment. While HDMI can support 480i, it is not mandatory and how many timings that are supported is at the discretion of each manufacturer. You need to disable any CEC 'control' features on the BD Player and port 02 of the Display - that may resolve your problems without reverting to a Switch.