Thread: Cd Burner/DVD burner not detected in Dell

Cd Burner/DVD burner not detected in Dell

I have a Dell Inspiron 531 with a PBDS cd burner and a TSST dvd burner, in my device manager its shows the following, Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available, i tried to do a system restore and it wont let me and i also tried unistalling them and rebooting the computer and reinstalling them but it didnt work. I am running Norton 360 antivirus and ran a complete scan that didnt turn up anything. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks

Re: Cd Burner/DVD burner

A registry problem was detected. This can occur when more than one service is defined for a device, if there is a failure opening the service subkey, or if the driver name cannot be obtained from the service subkey. Here are some things that you can try to resolve this problem. Uninstall the driver from Device Manager and scan for new hardware to install the driver again.

You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in, or may still have the driver files installed from the last time that you set up the device. However, sometimes, it will open the New Hardware Wizard which may ask for the driver. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor’s Web site.

1. On the device Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Uninstall. Follow the instructions.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. Open Device Manager, click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes. Follow the instructions.

Revert to the most recent successful registry configuration