Thread: Errors in Nikon 5000ed Scanner

Errors in Nikon 5000ed Scanner

Hello , I have Nikon 5000ed Scanner , the problem is that i Get Frequent Error With it , sometimes i get "data transmission error", and sometimes i get "autofocus error" but most of the time i get the "hardware errror", can you tell me how to solve this problem , thanks in advance

Re: Errors in Nikon 5000ed Scanner

If you still see the same Scanner not found error after following these steps exactly, then we check your system connection.

PC: Open System Properties, and Device Manager. Scroll down to Imaging Devices, and open. If you see your Nikon scanner listed here with no "!" or "?" next to it, then this is not a driver problem.

Mac: Click the Apple in the upper left hand corner, click About this Mac, then click More Info. This is the System Profiler. Scrool down the left side for the connection type, firewire or USB, and look for your Nikon Scanner. If it is here, then we will consider software, or a problem with your Account preferences.

Due to a unspecified timing issue on the port, some printer or all-in-one scanner devices have been known to block communication to Nikon scanners. Please try disabling any monitor application or startup application for any scanner or all-in-one device whose software is loaded on your system. Then reboot the system, make sure the device or software is not present, then launch Nikon Scan.

Nikon Scan software has a software reset option known as "Reset to Factory Defaults". Once you have established communication and are able to scan, in the scan interface of Nikon Scan, located on the upper left side, is a drop down menu labeled "Settings". Click the drop down arrow o the right, and select Reset to Factory Defaults. While this has no effect on a communication issue, this has ben known to correct certain other issues with the software.

Remove any film holders, shut down the computer and disconnect all SCSI cables. Turn on the scanner and watch the blinking LED on the front of the scanner. It should blink slowly and then turn to a steady light. If it changes to a fast blink for a short period of time it has failed the self test and will need to be repaired by Nikon Service.

If it passes the self test (by the LED not blinking rapidly) reconnect to the computer and try again. If the problem continues the scanner will need to be repaired. Contact Nikon Service (in the USA) at 1-800-Nikon-SV.

idea Re: Errors in Nikon 5000ed Scanner

I have exprienced a lot off different hardware and software errors on my nikon 5000ED slide scanner. ( e.g. failing test tests ).
    As I have 3 scanners running for about 18 hours a day, I decided to take some time and try to repair the scanners myself. Why? In the past it was done by the Nikon repair center and thy charged me for parts that never were faulty!! and crappy work done for maintenance.

At this time, I'm repairing and maintaining all my scanners myself. Some parts still have to be ordered at Nikon, for other parts, I have found my own suppliers at muck lower prices as what Nikon charged.

If you do have additional experience on repairing Nikon 5000ED slide scanners or the SF-210 adapter, feel free to share this by sending this to me. I will add this information on my page. If requested I could turn this information into a forum where experience should be shared.
    Last edited by scancare; 29-02-2012 at 02:22 PM.