Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Multimedia audio controller code 28

Hardware Peripherals

Old 21-09-2009

Multimedia audio controller code 28

Hi,

I have the problem with my Dell computer, Ii reinstalled windows xp pro but there is no sound when i went into Device Manager there is (!) by Multimedia Audio Controller when I click properties its say's (Code 28) Didnít fix the yet.

Old 21-09-2009

Re: Multimedia audio controller code 28

The first thing to try:
  1. Go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, System icon, Hardware tab, Device Manager, right-click on the audio device and select OK uninstall.
  2. Restart your computer and boot, Windows should see the device and attempt to install drivers for it.
  3. Soundcheck once back in windows, if the same thing, need to download and install the driver.

What model of computer you have?
Old 21-09-2009

You should go to : http://support.euro.dell.com/support...hs1&l=en&s=dhs you will find your Product Model, From there you should be able to download any drivers you need, there may be a section for Multimedia Audio Controllers.
Old 21-09-2009

First go into your Device Manager and uninstall only the audio driver and then reboot. Windows will install the default driver with default settings. If this is not resolved, then use the downloaded driver.
If this is not resolved, then you have a piece of software or other driver or interfere with the firmware of the sound card is out of WAK. Try and update the firmware of your sound card and should be put back in place.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , ,