Thread: Playing Avi Files on Dvd Player

Playing Avi Files on Dvd Player

Hello , How do I play .avi files on my normal dvd player? I Have Tried burning AVI files into a DVD ROM , but gets a 'Data Error' when played on my DVD player which have a divx support feature. , I have Nero and a whole range of different players? So Can you tell me Can i play .avi files on a regular DVD player? or do i need a some sort of special software to make the video compatible with the player , or do my wrter have a problem please help Thanks in advance

Re: Playing Avi Files on Dvd Player

To do this, you' have to got your video file converted to from avi to divx, xvid, etc. or into a file compatible with DVD player. And then burn the files obtained via a dvd burning software I would recommend using ConvertXtoDVD as it Supports video formats: avi, divx, xvid, mov, mkv, flv, mpeg-1, mpeg2-, mpeg-4, nsv, dvr-ms, ts, ifo, vob, asf, wmv, realmedia, rm, rmvb, ogm files from camcorders, captures satellites, etc ....

Yup , you can use the Above recommend software by deowo , This software can convert and burn all your videos to DVD (AVI, DivX, Xvid, MOV, MKV, Flv ...)! Perfect for viewing on your DVD player your videos and audio files . After the conversion,it automatically burn the fie to DVD with the burning engine integrated with the software, or can also save your files on the hard disk.

Indeed ConvertXto DVD VSO software works very well. You can easily convert your avi on DVD. It puts even two avi per DVD , because you can put a small menu. it is Very powerful. , but unfortunately is not freeware , and if you need freeware then SUPER ,Simplified Universal Player Encoder & Renderer. A GUI to FFmpeg, MEncoder, MPlayer, x264, musepack,monkey's audio, true audio, wavpack, ffmpeg2theora and the theora/vorbis ealProducer plugIn. If you need a simple, yet very efficient tool to convert (encode) or play any Multimedia file, without reading manuals or spending long hours training, then SUPER is all you need. It is a Multimedia Encoder and a Multimedia Player, easy-to-use with 1 simple click.

This is funny. I know 3 people here in Austria that can play the
    AVIs I burn as DATA on a DVD on their DVD-Players. For 5 years my friend in Florida could do it with a cheapo $59 DVD-Player. He got a menu that looked like Windows Explorer and could use the remote keys to pick and choose the video he wanted. I'm afraid I don't know the brands of any of theses players, but it seems the cheapest types play AVIs without any conversion whatsoever.
    What's the real story?