Thread: How to configure EDTV on Wii

How to configure EDTV on Wii

Hi,
    I have a Wii console at my home. Now I want to connect a EDTV to it. But when I connect the TV to Wii then the setting column in EDTV setting is grayed. That means I cannot configure the setting. I had tried with the default cable which comes with the console. Second thing what can be the output of Wii in 480p TV. Does it configure the screen output physically and is it compatible. Also what is the difference between EDTV and a HDTV. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to configure EDTV on Wii

First you will need to adjust the setting on the TV. That means the output setting from the TV Menu than going directly on the Wii. Try 50Hz but that would not be so good. But atleast to get the screen. Second thing if nothing works then you need a EDTV/HDTV compatible component cable. I am not sure what cable you are using current. But component works. Try changing the cable and buy a new component cable.

The cable which you are using are not component cable. They are red, yellow traditional wires for a DVD players. For a gaming console you will need a proper cable basically of component. Otherwise not display will come out. The Wii by default gives out a 640 x 480 output. This the most common one. If you does not have the compatible cable then you can face black lines or bad quality or no display.

Many TV's are both EDTV and HDTV compatible. A standard tv has a traditions 480p output in scan line type. These type of TV's are called SDTV. Which is knows as Standard Definition TV. A higher quality TV than this is called as Enhanced Definition TV, EDTV in short. In this the TV gives the entire frame in sequence. It is equipped with deinterlacer which is a internal processor that combines the data on the screen. Then comes HDTV which stands for High Definition TV. HDTV has awesome output and great resolution.