Thread: HP Color LaserJet 2550ln toolbox problem

HP Color LaserJet 2550ln toolbox problem

Hi,

I have an HP Color LaserJet 2550ln printer, My problem is , I still have toolbox installed, but because of my network's defense IPs tool can no longer catch my printer. I've got the CD out so I can not install it again. So anyone know how I can get the toolbox reconfigure without CD. I've been watching on div. xml files, etc. which is during installation, but I can not really find anything that I can correct in order to connect the printer the way through If I just write on the printer browser, I get an interface to the printer, but it means I can not do it's the manual suggests. Here is my second problem, I am Unable to do software scanning on LaserJet All-in-One Printer over the network from all workstations/server.

Hope this help is available.

Re: HP Color LaserJet 2550ln toolbox problem

I do not think it is because you have changed the IP - is more likely that "advanced features" is not turned on, or that your version of the Toolbox only works on local connections. Toolbox utility is following the driver installation, so when you change the IP (printer port) on the driver, it's also happening at the toolbox. You do not have the opportunity to connect the printer to a local?

Here is my second problem, I am Unable to do software scanning on LaserJet All-in-One Printer over the network from all workstations/server.
    This error occurs when the default SNMP community name is changed from Public to the user network security name. The SNMP acts like a password for the unit and the software is not designed to work with a different name. The SNMP setting can be accessed through Embedded Web Server (EWS). To access the EWS. open a web browser and type in the IP address of the printer in the URL box. This will bring up the EWS for the printer. Open the EWS, under the Networking tab there is a SNMP option. Select this option Enable SNMP v1 read-write access and delete any name mentioned under community name. Click Apply and try scanning again.

I can follow your thinking a little, but I know with 100% certainty that it worked on the old network, PC and printer is the same, I do not think it makes a difference, to link to locally but I will when the sample is just a little bit of doubt that makes a difference, but worth a try.