Thread: Is it possible to isolate VoIP from game sound?

Is it possible to isolate VoIP from game sound?

I was just wondering that can we isolate the VoIP from game sound. The thing is that currently the when I play games they are using my speakers instead of my Logitech G35. Also I use a basic plantronics headset.So the thing is that with this setup when I need to my friends chat the sound comes through the speakers as well as the game sounds. This is the reason why I was wondering if there was a way for me to redirect chat through my headset while keeping the game sounds coming out my speakers.Please do get back on this.

Re: Is it possible to isolate VoIP from game sound?

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that is the headset on a seperate soundcard or USB? Please answer to this as this is very important and would say that this is something that may decide that whether you can Isolate VoIP from game sound. Also have a look through the sound settings in the chat that you are using.I guess that even you need to have a look at it as well.This will all determine whether you can achieve what you are currently thinking of.

Thanks a lot for the immediate reply. To begin with I would like to answer some of the questions that yo u have put up and would say that it’s on the same soundcard and is connected via 2 x 3.5mm jacks. Also the front panel where I connect it has Microphone in and headphones out.So this is another thing that we need to look at. I hope that this much information is enough and would say that this much information is enough for you to solve the query that I am facing.

Thanks a lot for the information that you have provided to us and would say that whatever you are thinking of is not easily possible. I seriously feel that whatever you are saying is quite tough and don't think that will work then. Also if you really want to give it a go then there can be a alternate solutions to this and that is you could get a cheap USB soundcard and that may do your job. Also let us know how this goes as I for one would be interested as am thinking of doing the same.