Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Keyboard Does Not Work At Logon Screen

Hardware Peripherals

Old 16-09-2009

Keyboard Does Not Work At Logon Screen

Hello everyone,

I am using Windows XP Professional on my machine.My strange problem is my keyboard does not work at Logon Screen curbing me to log in my computer. The keyboard functions well at BIOS settings but later at Logon Screen it refuse functioning.I searched a lot about this, but failed to get a good response.Do i need to worry about virus or anything else?.Can this issue be solved without going for a format? your suggestions are worthy...

thanks...

Old 16-09-2009

Re: Keyboard Does Not Work At Logon Screen

Does your keyboard is USb one if so you can alternatively try another USB port on your computer.Also does your keyboard works on Safe mode.On the other hand I really don't think a reformatting will be required to fix this for you, and as for a bug, that we can look at.If you are able to get in to the safe mode do a System Restore back to a point in time when the keyboard worked.Failing that a repair install of Win XP may have to be done to fix this issue...
Old 16-09-2009

Are you using a laptop,If so visit the manufacture website and download the drivers for your keyboard and mouse for the notebook and put them on a jump drive... put the usb stick in the laptop and boot it up in safe mode and reinstall them while you are in safe mode... then restart you machine.... they should now function now..am sure
Old 16-09-2009

I would get in to the BIOS. You have to look at your user manual on the keystrokes to use during initial boot to access it. Many of the noteboosk use a combination of the Fkeys. Perhaps it will say on screen during bootup something like ... press to enter setup.I think its worth a look in there to see if a keyboard setting has altered...

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , ,