Thread: Wireless card extension cord

Wireless card extension cord

hey folks,

I just curious and want to know if there is an "extension cord" available for my linksys card that plugs into my notebook that will help to get the signal from my modem. It looks like everything out there plugs directly into the machine.

any thoughts?

Re: Wireless card extension cord

Yeah, you can get or even make an antenna to boost the wireless signal.Various brands of WiFi cards use different connectors on the back for attaching an external antenna. I have had a couple of problematic home/SOHO WiFi installations which required an antenna or two.you can find out bunch of those antennas there in Ebay

I have done a little experiment o this regard and while I did find reference to what you're looking for, all of the links came up "Not Found". It might be quite simple to get a usb wireless modem. They normally come with about a 2' or 3' extension so you can shift it around to find a good signal.

I recently grabbed a fresh wifi card (Encore ENPWI-G-RLAM) with a marvell chipset, old one was a rt2500 chipset (but also Encore ENPWI-G-RLAM) and had a linux driver, which allowed me use it with kismet and airsnort. i'm attempting to find a native driver for this new chipset but haven't found much. I would be content to discover something definitive that tells there is no native driver.