Thread: Printer configuration problem in Fedora8

Printer configuration problem in Fedora8

Dear buddies,

Here am not able to configure my printer with Fedora8.Whenever I begin the GUI tool to setup the printer It is showing a error message "CUPS server not found".The printer is network printer.Please stick with me in order to fix the trouble with my printer

thanks a lot

Re: Printer configuration problem in Fedora8

Sorry to hear that.Do you have /any/ printers successfully installed? Something sounds very fatal for most of us it 'just works' IANAE but it sounds as if there's something basically wrong with the install. One final question and a suggestion.Did you reboot the CUPS server after you installed it? A system reboot could be the best way of confirming all services are restarted. If so, what happens when you visit localhost:631? You should get the CUPS server's start page.

Are you using system-config-printer or the CUPS web interface localhost:631 to configure the printer? Did entering the root password show up at some point?Firstly,I would like to know what does 'rpm -q cups system-config-printer' say?The next thing you can do is choose the 'Save debugging information for troubleshooting' check-box in the server settings. This will put more information in /var/log/cups/error_log.

Are there any other computers on this network? can they print to this printer?Need to confirm the printer actually works over the network. check your access rights, this could be an access issue, have you tried to print as root?check your firewall, it probably doesn't have the ports open for the network printer. try turing it off and then try to print