Thread: Time Capsule bug

Time Capsule bug

Hello everyone,

I have a little trouble with Time Capsule. When time machine starts it puts "connecting to backup volume" but for hours running without backup. The light on the TC is solid green. I do not understand, nothing works. looks like bug in time capsule. Does one of you has an idea of how to solve this problem?

Thank you

Re: Time Capsule bug

I have the same concern with me. It seems related to a problem of permissions read / write. For my part I had to reset and erase my backups and start from zero to remove the concern but that seems to return. I just had a message saying the connection with my TC and it no longer mounts in the finder, I receive an error message. I went into root and display volume information to try to change users read / write but I get an error every time! even as root, I do not have permissions!

They are more users of Time Capsule complaining on forums Support of Apple. In case a mysterious bug which creating problem with their hard disk backup, which is rather a bundle device meant to represent the last resort in cases of severe crash on Mac.

Many of these users have purchased a Time Capsule dating from early 2008 and the bug appeared before Snow Leopard . It seems that the guilty are the internal components of power consumption which can not be replaced. Apple has not yet given details about this case.

Apple says it will lead to a major concern regarding the Time Capsule. seems more serious than expected. it seems that the quota of Time Capsule are most affected are those bought there 17 or 18 months and includes a hard drive 500 GB ...refuse to light up, making them useful as a paperweight Luxury. It is therefore recommended for those users to keep their data on another hard drive ...