Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to connect usb printer parallel port

Hardware Peripherals

Old 14-09-2009

How to connect usb printer parallel port

Hello Friends,

I have a Dell laptop on which i had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. Recently i had bought a new Hp usb printer which i would like to attach it to my Dell system. So, is there any way by which i can connect my usb printer parallel port on my laptop? What kind of adaptor is been required to do so? Please provide me the correct solution.

Thanks.

Old 14-09-2009

Re: How to connect usb printer parallel port

Many printers have both a parallel port and USB connection, which allows the consumer to choose which type of connection they wish to use. If it's a desktop computer, a better solution to the problem is a PCI to Parallel adapter card.
Old 14-09-2009

There are several solutions that enable users to connect their older parallel printers to their computer through USB. Use a Male-B to Male-A cable to hook the printer to a USB hub (preferably powered). Then use a parallel to USB Male-A cable to hook the print server port to the USB hub. There are also USB hubs with parallel and serial connections on the hub.
Old 14-09-2009

You need a USB add on card. USB printer cables allow a computer to connect to a USB printer directly with a common USB cable. A USB device is not compatible with a parallel port, Although a USB mouse is many
times compatible with a PS/2 Port via an simple adapter. Parallel printer cables allow a computer with only USB ports to connect to a parallel printer that uses pin connectors.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , , ,