Thread: Front mic jack works but not the back jack

Front mic jack works but not the back jack

Recently i had bought a new Antec 902 case. I seems to be good one but currently i'm having one issue with it. My mother board has HD-Audio, and my case has an HD-Audio plug, due to which my front mic jack works but the back jack doesn't seems to be working. On the front of my case, I have a headphone jack and mic jack. The problem is probably something to do with me because honestly installing the audio ports was not so easy. I have also set my BIOS to show front panel as HD-audio. Still i'm having the same issue. Why does my front mic jack works but not the back jack? How can i resolve this problem? Would like to receive some kind of help from you. Kindly help me out.

Re: Front mic jack works but not the back jack

Have you tried checking the connectors again inside the case from the front panel to the motherboard? Go to the "Realtek HD Audio Manager" go to the "Speakers" tab, at the top right there should be a folder icon (Connection Settings), click on it, in that window, check that "Disable front panel jack detection" is selected.

If this is the case, it sounds as though your front mic jack isn't plugged into your motherboard. In XP, open the Volume Properties window (double click the little speaker in the systray), then click on advanced under the microphone section and there should be a check box to indicate that you're using a front panel mic.

But in XP you need to go into 'Realtek HD Audio Manager' then 'Audio I/O' tab and in the analogue section click on the 'Spanner' icon and then check 'disable front panel jack detection'. This connector is for a chassis-mounted front panel audio I/O module that supports legacy AC '97 audio standard.