Thread: My computer screen remains black when I power on my computer.

My computer screen remains black when I power on my computer.

Hi,

I don't know what is the problem with my computer. My computer screen remains black when I power on my computer.

Re: My computer screen remains black when I power on my computer.

I have same problem.
    My monitor stays black after I turn on my computer. It appears that the monitor goes into a sleep mode. I can hear the fan. I do not think I can hear the hard drive. Right after I turn on the computer, I can see the lights flashing on the keyboard are just as they always do when a computer starts. But in a few seconds, all keypad lights. This problem did not happen immediately. First, I got the black screen when I switched between users. But I could just start over and the company would work fine. My computer is a 1.5 year old HP Pavilion (Desktop), views, Intel, and Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT video card. Now, I bought this computer because my old one had exactly the same problem and I could not fix it. My old company was generic, Athlon, Windows XP, and ATI video card.

Make sure the monitor is turned in and stopped.
    Check all cards.
    Make sure the card is put into his groove and secured with the establishment of screws.
    Turn off the computer and remove the adapter from the host drive. To turn the screen after you reboot, the host adapter are incompatible or defective. If so, see your dealer.

If you want to clear CMOS, dont find the jumper, then simply remove the battery (the watch how you took it so you can return the correct entry) the battery takes about ten minutes and that will clear CMOS. If the file is, instead of the defects and give it a try.

BIOS is something you hitting f1 or receive equivalent. Check your display settings of the device and if necessary refer the manual. you hear a short beeper when you turn on your PC? maybe your monitor can not display the POST, is on the large screen LCD's when there is a conflict resolution. beeper of your RAM is defective or loose. checked the power supply? if no pager at all your wiring and double check. The video card could require an external power cord. check that. double check the power chords of SMPS to run mobo. If you have made a wiring error or sometimes mobo short drives to prevent any damage to or maybe it is already damaged! Check the jumper settings and the educational reference manual. hope you had the proper wiring to the ground while put. static in your body can kill the chips come into contact with. keep your fingers are crossed on that. caused the fan work properly it is directly driven by SMPS of course unless you mean the fans who mobo (eg speed. varying) are connected. At least 400W SMPS would be of real power.

You can try to put ram into other slot (it worked for me severall times), if not remove ram, and turn on comp. You should hear a beep sounds from your comp, now install only one ram, and turn on, you should get the picture, if not remove that ram, and install other plate of ram, change ram slot.. (try all combinations). If not succesfull try reseting bios (unplug power cord and remove battery for severall minutes) and remove your CPU from motherboard, then install all back and see if you get the picture, also remove all of your cards, disconect hard, optical, floppy, and everything else from your motherboard, (leave only power, reset switch, power, hd led's, graphic card, and one plate of ram). If you get your comp on (have picture on screen), install one of components at a time, first hard drive and load system, then one by one and load system every time. If not get the picture remove your CPU and turn on end everything else including VGA card, disconnect keyboard, mouse, printers, speakers, everything (except power switch). You should hear a beep sounds. if not then it's your motherboard dead, or your power supply. You can try to change power supply (if you could borrow one from your friend)

PS: Make sure you have a speaker connected to your motherboard, otherwise you won't hear a sound.

Have to checked the power connection of your monitor. Please ensure that the power cable is properly connected to the CPU and to the power connection. If there is any broken edge then replace the cable. Second thing when you boot up you must hear a bip sound. If yes then your monitor is not getting proper power supply because of which you cannot see. Or your video card if any is damaged or loosed. Try to change the slot.