Thread: HDD error message

HDD error message

Hi,

could somebody help me? I have Dell Inspiron 1525, hdd WD 120GB with OS Vista home. When i run OS normally, everything goes correct until desktop and then system is frozen. Dell Diagnostic Tool showed me Error code 0F00:0244 a 0F00:1A44 through hdd diagnostic.

Knows somebody how to fix it?

thanx

Re: HDD error message

When i had problem with my Dell I have been told by Dell Telephone Technicians "Yeah, those diagnostics don't really matter, most not going to work.I would rather attempt to get data off by slaving and then see what occur after using the chkdsk and a defrag ... if it will finish them.Quite possibly the drive is gone forever...but I would still try those things. I hope this works for you as it did for me. Good luck

The drive has developed bad sectors and should be replaced as soon as possible , basically, uncorrectable data error or media is write protected error means hdd has to be replaced. dell can do that automatically if your under warranty. the error means hdd has bad sectors already. chkdsk /r cannot fix that. but theres a chance of reinstalling os on the hdd. os reinstall process freezing up is a possibility though.

i did some chkdsk, used some utilities and it's work I didnt know how long but for now is working.

Thanx for all and i think that the best solution will be buy other hdd.