Thread: Hp dv9000 battery failure while resetting

Hp dv9000 battery failure while resetting

I have a Hp dv9000 laptop. Till Last week it was working fine, but suddenly it has started to give some kinds of problem to me. Regardless of running on battery, or from AC supply, or AC supply with battery removed, when you push the power button all the blue display lights blip on for a fraction of a second and then turn off and the laptop does nothing at all. I tried to reset the cmos by unplugging the cmos battery next to the ram. It shows me a battery failure problem while resetting it. So i would like to know why i'm getting hp dv9000 battery failure while resetting it? If anyone knows anything about HP's batteries please let me know your views on it. This is the first time i am facing such problem.

Re: Hp dv9000 battery failure while resetting

Unfortunately, HP only makes an 8 cell battery for that laptop. I have a DV9005 model with Windows XP that was affected by a hardware problem in the WiFi area that eventually (over a period of a week or so) caused my machine to refuse to power up with the same symptoms.

If you need more battery life, you might want to consider buying another battery to take with you if your current battery runs out of juice. I have exactly the same problem. I have a 17 inch HP Pavillion dv9000. The wireless card stoped working first, and after a few months I get a black screen when system enter screen-saver mode and it never gets back from it.

The temporary solution now is when it loads successfully, I disable all screen mode features and keep the computer on non stop. Make sure whether its the battery or adapter's problem, return the battery or adapter to your seller. I think you should contact Hp service center for the above issue.