Thread: Need Information on Dell Optiplex Gx630

Need Information on Dell Optiplex Gx630

Hi,
    I want to buy a Dell Desktop system. On the official site I had found the Optiplex range of Desktop system from Dell. I need some information on it. What new does this Optiplex range has. I want to use the same for a teaching institution. So here I does not need a relatively high power computer but a standard that can support my work. Can someone post system configuration of Dell Optiplex GX630 Desktop computer. And also what are the pro's and con's of the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need Information on Dell Optiplex Gx630

It is a range of Desktop computers which are specially designed to meet the needs of firms, government offices and eduction institutes. This system are equipped with Intel and AMD processor. The range of Intel starts with Pentium to Core 2. The new thing in this system is that it has some business oriented functions. Like a Gigabit Ethernet support which are only available in XPS, Preicision type systems. The system is very cost effective for every mid and large size institutions if ordered in a quantity.

The most positive point of Optiplex range is that it has a reliable design and it is cost effective. Maximum functions are onboard like sound, graphic and ethernet with multiple I/O support. You will receive your OS and driver CD. The best part of this range is that it quiet inexpensive if purchased in large quantity. Some cons of this desktop pc is that it not suited for high end graphic software's like gaming. There is a limited amount of memory available. It is normally a low profile desktop pc. There are also high profile now available. Less memory expansion support and you cannot overclock it.

The Optiplex Gx630 has a Intel Pentium D processor which gives you a 3.2 Ghz speed. A higher version is also available. You will receive Genuine Windows XP Home Edition or Pro Edition. It supports upto 4GB DDR2 RAM @ 533 Mhz. The hard drives are Sata II type. You can add up a 256 MB ATI card which is optional. You can simply visit on the official site of Dell and design your own customizable desktop. Basically if you are planing to go for large quantity then this range can be ideal choice.