Thread: HP 530 charging light blinks three times

HP 530 charging light blinks three times

I have a HP Pavilion N5250 that is a couple of years old. Last week only I replaced the charger..now my battery light is blinking I charged it full and took to my office, When I try to turn it on I get a quick green light and then a red light blinks three times. I misplaced the owners manual so I don't know what it means. Please suggest if anyone has the solution on it..

Thanks

Re: HP 530 charging light blinks three times

Check whether the system is being used in a hot location or whether the vents are blocked. check your charger if you are using the right charger if not buy the original charger if the charger is original then you might have a problem with your battery or the voltage regulator on your motherboard. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet. Touch the power button on the system front to stop the flashing, and then leave the system unused until it cools down. After it cools down, turn on the system again.

Thanks for the reply. I removed the battery, plugged it in, and tried to turn it on. its showing battery low but its working fine with direct power. There was no response (no blink of the light that I get with the battery in) and the CD player would not work either.

Check your charger if you are using the right charger if not buy the original charger, also check whether the system is being used in a hot location or whether the vents are blocked. Touch the power button on the system front to stop the flashing, and then leave the system unused until it cools down. if the charger is original then you might have a problem with your battery or the voltage regulator on your motherboard.