Thread: Pc Voltage Stablilizer or Ups

Pc Voltage Stablilizer or Ups

Hello
    I would like to know what is the difference between an inverter(Ups) and a Voltage stabilizer , in our area there is lots voltage fluctuation , so i would like to know , which should i opt for , a voltage stablizer or a ups , please help me thanks in advance

Re: Pc Voltage Stablilizer or Ups

First of all an the stabilizer allows You to have a stable output but an inverter when there is power failure allows to have the electric current for 5 to 30 minutes which allows you to save your work whereas the stablizer does not possese these features , it only stablizes the voltage, it there is no input there wil no output

A UPS (UPS in English for Uninterruptible Power Supply) is a device to protect electronic equipment against electrical hazards , and Not all UPS devices have a voltage regulator function. There exists UPSs that are inexpensive but do not protect the computer from voltage spikes or stuff like that. But the more expensive ones do have it , Most electrical disturbances are tolerated by computer systems, but it can sometimes cause data loss and service interruption or damage to property. so i would suggest you go with the Ups

A voltage Stablilizer is a electronic component that keeps electric voltage within certain limits, its output voltage constant regardless of load and input voltage. , if you have no input then it will also have no output, as far as the voltage fluctuation is concern , i would suggest you to use the ups as it is far more better then the voltage stabilizer ,

TonyDigital Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rawko View Post
    A voltage Stablilizer is a electronic component that keeps electric voltage within certain limits, its output voltage constant regardless of load and input voltage. , if you have no input then it will also have no output, as far as the voltage fluctuation is concern , i would suggest you to use the ups as it is far more better then the voltage stabilizer ,

If you have the budget, you should buy a UPS rather than a voltage stabilizer. A UPS does surge protection, power filtering and stabilizing and provides a run time in case your power goes out.

Sometimes the power can drop below normal operating ranges and the power stabilizer can't help, the UPS can by going on battery and making the power usable.

Overall, a UPS is a more versatile machine.

Tony