Thread: No sound on Nvidia GeForce 9300 mGPU

No sound on Nvidia GeForce 9300 mGPU

Hi,
    It is really annoying that my HDTV is giving up a great picture but now sound. I had played with all sound thing but nothing happens. I am using Windows Vista MCE on a desktop system. It has 2 Gb of RAM and a Nvidia GeForce 9300 mGPU HDMI card. I had installed all driver and codecs in the computer. When I play up a video only a picture is shown up with mute sound. The HDMI drivers of Nvidia is installed properly and it is properly listed in Device Manager without any warning symbols. Any suggestions really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: No sound on Nvidia GeForce 9300 mGPU

I will recommend you to first check the cable setting manually. Have plugged properly the connectors in relevant connections. Read the service manual of the card. The service manual has a troubleshooting section which will guide you for the trouble. Then see the audio setting in your TV. Every TV has its own Menu which has different setting in it. Check out the audio part. If it has any HDMI/digital audio section then you will need to activate it. If you can here a humming sound in the speaker then there is not issue with the back panel.

Here I am listing you some tips which can help you out for enabling the sound option in your Media Center pc. First set all the audio settings to default. Then connect the entire system and plug in the cable properly as per the manual. If possible then update the latest Nvidia drivers and restart your system. The sound and video conflict is common in media center pc. Navigate to the control panel and adjust the sound setting from there.

I was too facing the same issue in my Dell laptop. It was rendering image but not sound. So here you can follow this simple solution. There are some application in the system which uses the default sound device. Just right click on My Computer and select Properties. Then go to Hardware and click on Device Manager. Here you will have to disable the non HDMI sound device which is installed in Windows by default. Except you HDMI card disable the sound device by right clicking on it and selecting Disable. Restart your system and check back again.