Thread: Attach a dual monitor to Toshiba Satellite P105

Attach a dual monitor to Toshiba Satellite P105

Hi,
    I have a Toshiba gaming laptop. The model of Laptop is Toshiba Satellite P105. Now I want to connect a dual monitor to it. I have a 42" separate Samsung monitor. I had tried to connect the monitor but it is not detected and how can I switch the screen to the second monitor. What are the requirements to add up a secondary monitor. I basically want to play a game which looks awesome on a wide screen as compare to the small screen of Laptop. Thanks in advance.

Re: Attach a dual monitor to Toshiba Satellite P105

Normally all Laptop has a vga support. The screen of laptop is high resolution. To connect a different monitor you have to ensure that you have the latest drivers. First connect the monitor cable to the laptop. Then turned the monitor on. The laptop will detect it as a found new hardware. Mostly all monitors are plug and play. Then right click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. In the list the monitor must be listed. If it has any mark then it means you system does not has driver for the same. Right click on them and update driver. Once the monitor is installed you can see your screen on the monitor.

Once the monitor is configured properly in the laptop it shows up you the screen. Press Fn key and see weather it is scrolling to the other monitor or not. If not then update your display drivers. Once the monitor is detected and install then right click on the desktop and then select properties. Go to appearance and select the monitor from the drop down list. You will need to restart your system after installation of the new monitor. Then adjust the settings.

There is a very handy tool which can add up to more than one monitor either in your laptop or desktop. It is called as Matrox DualHead2Go i. It is a external multi monitor adapter. You can use upto two monitors in your laptop. The adapter is designed in such a way that it bifurcates you display signal on multiple monitors. You can even work on two different application on each individual monitor. It is a suitable option for gaming.