Thread: Dell OU2027 Mini PCI Modem card

Dell OU2027 Mini PCI Modem card

Hi,
    I am using a Dell Inspiron series laptop. My internal modem is gone. I was not able to connect to internet. I tried that many time but nothing works. I opened and removed the Mini PCI card. The model number is Dell OU2027. I had seen on ebay that someone was selling that same card. Now what is the solution for the same. I work on internet frequently. I want to now change this card. What are the other alternatives available right now. Thanks in advance.

Re: Dell OU2027 Mini PCI Modem card

Do not interchange the card without confirming that it is completed not working. Connect it back again and try to update the drivers. Do this first right click on My Computer and then select Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. In the list right click on the modem and select uninstall. Restart your system. Windows will detect the modem and install it. Provide appropriate driver CD's for the same. Then check back again. If the modem is not listed in the Device Manager then that means it is dead. You can contact Dell.

There are multiple companies which provide a internal modem for laptop. All laptops have a mini pci lan card in them. So you will have to search related to this. The one thing you can try is Intel Pro Wireless 3945ABG PCI Express Card. It is a small internal modem for your laptop and it is compatible with most of the system. Second you can also look for BROADCOM Mini PCI Wireless Card or Dell Wireless PCI Mini Card, etc.

Instead of that you can try a USB modem service as a alternative. If your PCI card is failed and you need a urgent replacement then USB modem is fine. Sign up any usb broadband internet service and get access to internet. The best option for you is to contact Dell for the support. They will send you a substitute if you system is under warranty other wise you can purchase from them.