Thread: HDTV PVR works with BeyondTV

HDTV PVR works with BeyondTV

Hi,
    I am going to add up a Hauppauge HD PVR with my Media Center pc. So I was just thinking that will BeyondTV works with this box. I need some information on this. Many of users today are using a PVR box. In my local area BeyondTV is the popular service. So I too want to add one on my Media Center. I have purchased a ATI TV Wonder card. The card is catching up the OTA channels properly. So here I can record up some shows for testing. Things works fine. Now if I add up the HD PVR box with BeyondTV then what are the regular issue I will faced. First of all will the service works on this PVR box. Second thing what are the features of BeyondTV service and specification of Hauppauge HD PVR. Thanks in advance.

Re: HDTV PVR works with BeyondTV

What I had discovered that today the Beyond TV 4.8.2 does not works on Hauppauge HD-PVR. But there is a another beta version of the same which works. A beta level service support has be launched by BeyondTV to work on HD-PVR. There are still lot of compatibility issue many users are facing right now. So I think you must wait for more time. The other thing you can do is buy a compatible Digital box for the same. Contact your cable company for technical support. Normally when you subscribe for a Cable TV or Satellite service the company gives you a Digital set top box.

There are many issue currently which creates complications between Beyond
    TV and HD-PVR. First of all it of no use in spending money like this way. The service is doubtful on Hauppauge HD-PVR. The problem is related to hardware support. The HD-PVR device is not much compatible is detecting the service. Second comes the video playing option. The HD-PVR currently supports a h.264 video output. That is a HD quality format. So when you change channels or stream videos the output is extremely slow. You will have to add up some codecs but that too does not guarantee a good video playback quality. Other problems are related to video, audio and guides. Anyhow you will face multiple problems here. Better first talk with the cable tv provider.

There are multiple ways of receiving BeyondTV on your Media Center pc. The first way is that if the service is a OTA channels then just by adding up a antenna you can catch the signal. If it is QAM then you need a ClearQAM box and the last option is HD box. But in case of HD-PVR many users report a buggy performance. For such kind of service a Digital Set Top box is best. So before getting it problem consult to the cable company. First why don't you try out with a Analog antenna. You had already installed a TV Tuner card here. So just try it out. Visit website of BeyondTV for more details.