Thread: How to use Direct TV usb support

How to use Direct TV usb support

Hi,
    I recently received a DVR from the DirecTV. I had subscribed for a new service for my Home Theater system. Now I had seen a USB port from the front panel. I did not understand why it is for. As the set top box can be connect to my pc via Tv Tuner card so what is the use of usb port. Can I control the set top box via usb. That means is it possible that I can attach it to my computer and control it. What more can I do with it. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to use Direct TV usb support

The USB port on the front panel is provided for a future work. Like accessing the Digital Tuner box via network. That means you can connect the set top box to a Ethernet adapter and access the Digital TV service in any part of your home. A powerful media server will distribute the channels on multiple screens. But now it still under construction. You will need to do a lot of homework to make that thing work.

The usb port is applied on the front panel to enable the box connect to a network. On the network you can add up a media server and multiple monitors. That means a single cable service can be used on entire home network. But that is a really hard job. You can add up a media server and distribute the digital signal on the network.

The second series of DVR has a USB port support. Ths port enable a Direct TV to stream to a network and display them on multiple videos. But this needs hacking your DVR and its software. If you do not have enough skills then you can damage your box. There is not third party software which can make this thing work only via usb support. This process will still take more time to come under practice.