Thread: What is Raid 7

What is Raid 7

Hello , i wished to use the raid system for my computers, can you tell what is raid level 7 , how can i implement the raid level 7, what are the benefit of these raid level 7 , please help me thanks in advance

Re: What is Raid 7

This mode is also among some manufacturers, the name of RAID ADG (Advanced Data Guarding).

• It involves a card microprocessor running a real-time kernel that monitors and calculates the parity cache management and disk monitoring.
    • This mode supports the loss of multiple disks simultaneously.
    • This mode is slower in writing than RAID 5 because it is necessary to write twice as many parity data.

This mode is used for a security level or performance far superior to the other RAID modes. It uses a large number of disks (with a maximum of 48 disks). You can manually set the number of discs dedicated to storing parity and data storage. The number of discs that the system can lose is proportional to the number of discs dedicated to storing parity information. RAID 7 uses a microprocessor card that computes the parity drive management and manages disk monitoring time real. All data transfers are asynchronous which increased from 1.5 to 6 times the write performance.

RAID mode 7 , stores the information by spreading it over several data discs with one or more parity disks. The method involves 7 card microprocessor running a real-time kernel that controls all operations of SCSI host channels and disks, the parity calculation, cache management and disk monitoring. All transfers are asynchronous which increased from 1.5 to 6 times the write performance compared to other RAID levels. This mode supports the loss of multiple disks on the number of parity disks assigned, and also theoretically can support 12 channels and 48 hosts connected disks. Most RAID 7 controllers can be configured and managed on an Ethernet connection through an SNMP agent.