Thread: Hauppauge 2250 not receiving QAM channels

Hauppauge 2250 not receiving QAM channels

Hi,
    I have a Hauppauge Dual Tuner card in my Media center pc. The problem is that I am not able to receive QAM channels on my Home theater system. I had connected it to my TV antenna to catch the un encrypted QAM channels. But it is not reading any of it. How can I make it to receive the QAM channels. There is no broadcasting issue because other guys are getting the same channels which are not available on my home theater system. Any suggestions really appreciated.

Re: Hauppauge 2250 not receiving QAM channels

Try to upgrade the firmware for the TV Tuner card. The card is able to incompatible to read the QAM channels. A Driver update can fix out the issue. Just go to Device Manager and update the drivers. If you still face the issue then the card is not able to catch the QAM channels. Connect your TV antenna to the TV set and check out that weather you can see them directly without the TV Tuner card support. That means there is problem with the card in reading QAM signals.

The card is pretty versatile in handling the media center pc and other channels. Does your area have any unencrypted QAM channels. Otherwise you will have to subscribe for a Digital TV Service. The OTA channels are free. Those you are able to view. So contact your cable guy and ask for a Digital set top box. The digital set top box will decrypt all the encrypted channels. This will enable you to view and record the shows on the channels via TV Tuner card.

Normally you will have to subscribe for a Digital Cable TV service. A set top box will convert the QAM channels for your media center pc. Normally there is no technical assistant for QAM channels. So here you need a proper supporting device like a good Analog tuner and a cable card. If QAM channels are not properly encrypted then they are not displayed on the screen properly.