Thread: removable disk disappeared from my computer

removable disk disappeared from my computer

I bought a new 32gb Flash Usb Drive of Kingston and when I connected it in my pc it connected fine showing in the quick icons but as soon as I went in my computer, removable disk disappeared from there? I disconnected and reconnected it again but I cant find it anywhere, checked twice that it is properly plugged in or not, tried to uninstall everything in device manager and reinstall again but that didnt help either. Can anyone tell me what is going wrong here? How can I get this drive connected again in my pc? Thank you

Re: removable disk disappeared from my computer

What windows operating system you are using? I think that it is refusing the driver to recognize your usb drive. So what you need to do is power down the drive, restart the PC, plug it in again and it will just come up fine. Rebooting the machine again should restablish all removable drive designations.

Did you check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted or not? Whenever you need to remove the flash drive (or attached hardware), right click on the drive designation. You should see an option to EJECT, on the dialog box. Click it, then remove the flash drive (or whatever hardware was assigned to that port).

If you want to restore or bring back the disappeared removable disk drives on My Computer then see to it that your usb port is working properly or not cause if it is broken or it is connected to a faulty port on your motherboard then it is the usb port that is at fault because whether if it is XP or Vista, they automatically install all drivers for USB devices.