Thread: Printing problems

sad Printing problems

To All,
    I have two computers and a console wired into a network and two computers that use wireless connections. There are also two printers, one an HP 2605 and the other a HP 5100 series. All is OK except that I cannot print on the 2605. I have read all of the posts here about print problems and have tried most of the solutions including stopping the spooler deleting all the files from the sys32\... dir and restating the spooler. I can ping the printer and all 4 packets that are sent are received with a time of 0 ms, but neither of the two wired computers can print to 2605 although both can print to the 5100. And the two computers that connect through the wireless can print to the 2605 (I did not set them up to print to the 5100). When I tried to add a network computer and selected 'browse', I could see neither computer under the "home" network, so there was no printer to select. Can anyone provide me with any additional insight so that I can get my 25605 back to proper function. It was printing fine until i set up my wifes wireless computer to access the printers.
    I have plenty of memory and power on both computers and a great deal of HD space. Both of the wired computers are running XP pro w/SP3.
    I would certainly appreciate any help that might be forthcoming. Thank you in advance for your time and effort.

Regards,

Capt Samm

Re: Printing problems

I assume your printer is conected directly to your switch, it must have a static IP adress to be good network printer and work nice. Install printer again. Go to printer and fakses and click to add new printer, then use "Local printer attached to this comp" and uncheck Automatically detect my printer, Go next, choose "Create a new port" and select standard TCP IP, go next,It should open a new window, go next, and as printer name type in IP adress of the printer, go next, and you shoul see your printer info, go finish, choose driver and the rest you will know. This is the best way to install a network printer. Hope this will help.

Let me know if your printer is attached another way, maybe I will have the solution. Good luck.

smile Re: Printing problems

Excellent. It seemed to work with both computers.
    Thank you very much
    Regards,
    Capt Samm

I'm having problems getting my A960 All In One printer to print with my new Inspiron Vista 64 bit system. The driver is installed and the control panel is saying the printer is installed.

I first got a message saying there was a problem with the printer communicating to the computer. Now, however, it is showing that there is one document in queue. I tried deleting the document. It is still showing the status of deleting..... Does anyone have this printer and is using it with Vista 64? Tech support told me it only works with Vista 32. I really like this printer and am trying to avoid buying another one at this point.

Any suggestions on how I can get the printer to work are greatly appreciate.

Francie

To Francie!

If you can't delete document you want to print, then you will have to uninstall your printer and install again. make sure your printer is turned off. And turn it on again when prompted by the installation. You can try to extract your drivers from installation with WINRAR (right click, extract here) and try to manualy find your drivers from there. I don't have much experience with any of the dell's printers, and less with Vista 64, you should start a new thread with your problem maybe someone will have more experinece with this problem.