Thread: How To Choose Modem

How To Choose Modem

Hello , freinds here is a simple user of computer , i need a modem for internet connect on my telephones fixed lines. Do I buy an imported modem ,can you tell me what should look for when buying the modem , please help me thanks in advance

Re: How To Choose Modem

If you do not have internet phone, you can use any modem, rather an ADSL modem router with access point (a 3 in 1 is the less expensive and most also easily). ADSL 2 + , Some modem routers are compatible with ADSL 2 + (since 2004), which increases the maximum throughput of data. But access is still limited.

The "USB modems" are simple to install, USB connectors being arranged outside the computer. Most of the installation is to establish the "drivers" - software provided by the manufacturer - However, despite the simplicity of installation, USB modems may experience malfunctions (untimely disconnections or, crash the computer ....). Some modems draw power required to operate them directly to the computer via the USB port. But if the number of devices connected to USB ports on your machine is too large (digital camera, pen drive, mouse, USB printer ...), the current intensity is shared too low to run the modem properly. This is not the case for USB modems as have their own power supply

internal modem or external modem can be a difficult choice. If you have a free PCI slot, I recommend the internal modem, which costs much less than the external comparable to characteristics , if not, external modems are the only choice. Laptops, if you have no USB or serial port, a PCMCIA modem is required.