Thread: Computer Turns Itself on Automatically

Computer Turns Itself on Automatically

Hello , I have a Dell Computer ,the problem is that my Pc Turn itself automatically , when i Turn it off , the computer will power on shortly after being turned off. This will usually happen within 1 to 3 minutes after being turned off , please Tell me how to Solve these problem

Re: Computer Turns Itself on Automatically

By default, Windows XP is configured to restart on error. To stop unwanted reboots, a simple manipulation may be sufficient, but it is not effective in all cases:

1. Go to the Start menu, then Control Panel then Performance and Maintenance, and then System (or by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting properties)
    2. Click the Advanced tab
    3. Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery
    4. Uncheck "Automatically restart"

Are you using a wireless keyboard or mouse? Try unplugging the power button wire from the motherboard to eliminate that. , There are many options in the BIOS screens that will turn the computer on. Keystrokes, network, modem, etc. also disabled all wake-on options in the bios ,Try disabling PME (Power Management Event) in the BIOS

Wake On Wan (Wide Area Network) is an extension of Wake On Lan (Local Area Network) that allows you to turn your computer remotely from anywhere in the world via the Internet. You can then access your shared files or take control of the remote computer using software such as VNC.

When the computer is connected to a modem, it can happen that it turns on automatically when you receive a phone call for example. This feature is posed by some motherboards. This problem is easy to solve: just go into the BIOS and set the option Wake Up by Ring or power on by ring on Disabled (off). The option names may vary slightly depending on the BIOS. Save the BIOS changes and restart your machine. It should not restart by itself