Thread: 15" Macbook Pro with Maya

15" Macbook Pro with Maya

I have made my mind going for a 15" macbook pro cause I liked its sleeked design and that too it is a powerful machine but the problem is that I dont know if it will fit with my current configuration. I am using Maya 3d application with my 22" Mac Mini machine and my aim is to hook up the 15" monitor with it. So can anybody tell me whether it is possible or not? Thank you

Re: 15" Macbook Pro with Maya

You dont have to worry cause it will absolutely work fine because the macbook pro comes with either the nvidia 8600 or the 9600, and both will suffice very well. If you were using a mini before with the intel integrated graphics, you should see a definite increase in graphics performace. I'm sure you will enjoy using your MBP. I have a 17" and it works wonders, plus with a High-res display, there is a lot of room to work on!
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

A professional application is Maya and a professional machine is a MacBook Pro so both can suffice each other with comfort. I highly recommend you that you go with it. If you're running Maya, then you will probably also use Illustrator, Photoshop and perhaps a video editor and maybe some other design apps as well and for this purpose only I have seen it happen many times with people who took the 'budget' route and got a MacBook (or heaven forbid, an iBook) for high-level design/animation/video work.

If you want to add two monitors to a macbook then go to this site. I have also used the Matrox box to do work in Maya/Photoshop and Illustrator and it works great.