Thread: Hp Personal Media Drive case for Windows MCE

Hp Personal Media Drive case for Windows MCE

Hi,
    I want to buy a personal media drive for my Windows MCE. I want to add up external USB hard disk. Which one is the best one to use. I had seen a Hp personal drive which offers upto 1TB of space. As it is USB then it is compatible with any of the system. There are some more but I want a hard drive that can work in media center and plug my laptop. If I add up then does media center will automatically copy the recorded shows to the new drive if the old one is full. And does the back up program can be also viewed on a different computers also. Thanks in advance.

Re: Hp Personal Media Drive case for Windows MCE

There are multiple external USB hard disk right now available in the market. The choice depends on your requirement. I recommend Western Digital. It has a range of hard drive which normally comes in all respective size. Like 250Gb, 300Gb, 500Gb & 1 Tb. They connect to the system via usb interface which is compatible with most of the drives. It also support Dual boot option. The new one which is not a USB2.0/Firewire support is best of a back up option. Any automated program can be use to run the the back up and put that in the hard drive. This hard drive can be used as copy and paste option.

Hp external USB hard disk is a really good product. It is new personal back up tools. The size will be offered around 160Gb which is enough to back up your entire Windows MCE. You can just simply copy and paste the folders of Media center and put them in the hard disk. The product is costly. So if you are really serious about backing up your system then just go for it. The device is a simple plug and play tool so you do not need any additional software for it.

The external hard drive is really safe and easy way to secure your data. This makes your storage works more flexible. The drive is reliable you do not need to worry about the wear and tear of the product. The data transfer rate in the drive is really fast and easy. USB 2.0 gives out a really fast way to transfer larger media files between to and fro. Second thing you have assign a manual path in order to record the shows on it. That can be done entering settings > tv > Recorder > recorder storage > and change the drive location. Save and restart your system.