Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Transferring data from failing hard drive

Hardware Peripherals

Old 25-08-2009
Members

Transferring data from failing hard drive

hi
Its looks like my hard disk problem which is much old so creating problem due to bad sector on disk so i replace it to new one but now i am looking to transfer my data does any one tell me the way to transferring data from failing hard drive ?
thank you

Old 25-08-2009

Re: Transferring data from failing hard drive

Note that hard disk data recovery is not always possible for each disk as recovery is depend on the actual problem that may be due to faulty hard drive component but you can try this DiscWizard from seagate .you can use the install instruction links below to assist in mounting the drive, then use the tools built into your operating system to prepare the drive.http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.js...00dd04090aRCRD
Old 25-08-2009

Remove your hard drive that having problem out of computer.Pack your hard disk in Plastic Bag without air inside it.now Place your hard disk in cold freezer for around 7-8 hours .Then remove it out of freezer and quickly connect the drive to your computer and transfer all data as quickly as possible to another drive .
Old 25-08-2009

you can use HDD Regenerator which is application for bad sector recovery scan your hard disk with this HDD Regenerator to recover bad sector but in case bad sector not able to recover then just quickly try to copy all data with application like isobuster ..or any other application

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , ,