Thread: usb 2.0 card installation for windows xp sp3

usb 2.0 card installation for windows xp sp3

I have installed Windows XP with Service Pack 3 on my computer and also installed Usb 2.0 card but is whenever I connect it to my pc it will not get recognized. So I think that I will need drivers for usb 2.0 card for windows xp sp3. Thank you

Re: usb 2.0 card installation for windows xp sp3

If you have checked in your device manager to see if there is any warning symbols against your card, if there is a yellow exclamation mark there right click on it and choose update driver software. It will automatically download all the drivers required for the usb 2.0 card that is connected to your machine.

If you just updated to Service Pack 3 on Windows XP then it is quite possible that it might have corrupted your drivers for your Usb support. So if you can try to system restore that it should be able to correc it. Usb should not be a static condition, that is what the sp3 seems to be doing is locking in through security the usb ports. If you unplug it or move it the OS will not read the device correctly to allow it. Might be a policy setting that would help it. See any usb/firewire policies. Also some claim that the devices are not correctly read. May be the issue but I don't think it can be totally that. I still suspect they wanted to secure the usb/firewire and went overboard.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

I think that service pack 3 does have all the required updates from the previous two SPs plus a whole lot more, so that's not your problem. You shouldn't need to download any USB drivers from anywhere for the VIA ports. They should be in SP3. Have a look in the "USB Serial Bus controllers" section of 'Device Manager' which is at the bottom of the list. Expand that category. If the word "Enhanced" does not appear anywhere in the VIA entries then they are not USB 2.0 ports, they are only USB 1.1