Thread: Dell OptiPlex 360 not turn on and blinking yellow light

Dell OptiPlex 360 not turn on and blinking yellow light

Hello, I have work on the Dell XPS 8300 desktop and it gives some problem. When I press the turn on button then it flashing yellow light and after that doesn’t happen in the system. Even it doesn’t show the any lobo or message of the system. I don’t know why this happen in the system. I bought this desktop on the last month and Windows XP service pack 2 operating system present on this system. I want to solve this trouble. If anyone having knowledge about it then please share it.

Re: Dell OptiPlex 360 not turn on and blinking yellow light

This kind of yellow light blinking issue indicates that the power supply or motherboard failure has occurred in the system. Then I suggest checking the power supply of the system. It might be possible that something wrong happens in the system power supply. Then check the connected power cable of the system. If there something wrong in that power supply then you need to correct that problem. This will helps to solve the trouble.

Yep, there is possibility that the trouble is present in the motherboard. Then I recommended you to make sure that the motherboard of the system is work correctly or not. For doing this task you need to help the customer service center. There is lot of service center of the Dell presents. You need to search the nearest service center. Then go to that center and check the motherboard is properly work or not. If there is problem in mobo then try to solve the problem.

Hey dude, this is the power supply problem and I suggest you to check the power connectors of the system. It could be possible that the connected power cable of the monitor has not worked. If the power supply of the monitor are not work then how it possible that display something on the screen. Then check this monitor cable. If something wrong in there then replace it. It would be help you to solve the trouble in the rare case.

I also faced the same kind of trouble and there is something wrong happen in the system power supply. Then I check the power supply of the desktop and I found the actual error. The mobo connected power cable is not connected properly. Then I connect this cable properly on the socket of the motherboard. For doing this task I used the user guide manual of the desktop. After that I check the problem of the system by pressing the turn on button. This solutions work and the trouble are to be solved.

ThumbsUp Re: Dell OptiPlex 360 not turn on and blinking yellow light

sometimes u need to kick some parts of the mobo wiyh copper wire before the coputer can then blink green light.

try and press the mb pin plug and cleanup the pins. It worked for me.