Thread: Turtle Beach Riviera Audio card upgrade

Turtle Beach Riviera Audio card upgrade

I want to buy a Zotac 8800GT video card in my system. I had added this card to vista system because it can pass spdif throught a DVI/HDMI cable as said by my friend. Now the old card which I am using right now does not has this function. So someone recommended me to buy a Turtle Beach Riviera Audio card for my system. Here are some doubts before getting it finally. The first one is that what are the new features of this surround sound audio cards, how a spdif audio works, how can I get a 5.1 speaker output from it and some games problems faced by those who are already using it.

Re: Turtle Beach Riviera Audio card upgrade

I am listing you the entire features and benefit you will receive from the Turtle card. The card provide awesome surround sound quality and multiple new technology support. First of all it supports the latest in 3D positional audio which is specially designed for PC gaming. The card has Directsound 3D and A3D support. You can experience a surround sound digital quality. The PCI support enables the card to work with any system. You can add up 2, 4 or 6 speakers at a time with optical S/PDIf output for getting an awesome output 24 bits at 48Khz.You will receive crystal clear music. An ideal solution of high quality audio files. Game support, multi stereo sound converter, full software support, joystick support, etc.

The SPDIF is a particular data rate or resolution of a multi media file. The card which you mentioned supports this features. It is equipped with determining the data rate and increasing the quality on the other side. The best thing about the SPDIF protocal is that it can utilize the Bi-phase mark code. The most common data rate under it are 44.1Khz for a stereo CD and 48Khz for DVD's. The primary work of S/PDIF interface is to transfer compressed digital audio among a system. It carry out the signal between the computers and provide an Dolby Digital output. The protocol is designed to give high end sound card. Then main advantage of a protocol which is supported by audio card is the Digital Transference against the original analog transmission.

To enable the Rivera S/PDIF out put you can use the PC software of the audio card. Just click on the system tray icon at on the Audio Rack Mixer. In the mixer just click on Advance button and then select the advanced dialog box. Just select the S/PDIF playback and select the sample rate. The normal rate is 44.1KHz. It itself support 2 speaker out put and that does not means that it will pass 2 channel audio.