Thread: What are most common Digital Tuner problems

What are most common Digital Tuner problems

Hi,
    I want to buy a new Digital Tuner for my home theater system. I was using a old one but it not showing up the Digital channels properly. Only few are available. But in comparison to analog and radio channels it works and gives all the channels. So now I am looking for a tuner card which can read all the types of signals. What point should I keep in mind before buying a Digital TV Tuner card. The same must work with media center also.

Re: What are most common Digital Tuner problems

I was too using a old card which belong to Hauppauge and recently upgraded to ATI. The old cards have multiple issues with the HD broadcasting signal. The best way to try it out is to update the firmware of the card and then check out that it catching up the QAM signals or not. The most common issue is unresponsive remote control. It will delay in launching channels and other features. So TV Tuner cards does not have a ability to read the local HD broadcasting. They can only work on ATSC signal. Which is your local areas on air channel. So it is better to go for a proper upgrade. All the latest Digital Tuner card can read HD signal and they are fully compatible with the Media Center.

Here is small list of the best cards today to work with you Media center pc. They are equipped with all latest technology and provide high performance. They are ATI's eHome Wonder, ATI's TV Wonder Elite, AverMedia M150, eMuzed Maui-II PCI PVR, Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250, and NVIDIA's dual tuner NVTV. There is a big difference of cost among them. I will go with the Ehome wonder card of ATI. Some of the best features of this card is that it can view 125 channels of different standards, the card comes with s video and composite analgo video support. PAM/SECAM or NTSC support available and the maximum output resolution on the screenis 720x576. It is a decoder and FM Tuner also.

The simple points you will need to remember while buying a HDTV Tuner card are as follows. First determine that what type of Digital cable service is available in your local area. Is it a Analog, Digital or HDTV. So that you can buy a composite card which can support a maximum number of broadcasting signals. The most common are analog, digital and hdtv. Under digital comes SDTV, EDTV or HDTV. So your tuner must have this support. Otherwise you find really hard to set up your Digital TV service channels. If the card also have a ATSC or Clear QAM support then you can view your free onair channels also.