Thread: Download firmware for Motorola DCT 1700

Download firmware for Motorola DCT 1700

Hi,
    I got a second had Motorola DCT 1700 set top box from my friend. As he was leaving the place so I took it. Now I need to know how to install it. I will definitely need a proper firmware upgrade. Before starting the box I want to know what service does it supports, I need a manuals for this box. My Media Center PC was using a Analog antenna signal before. So now I had decided to get a digital tv service. I want some simple solutions like what to do when it will not respond to any signal and run a diagnostic test.

Re: Download firmware for Motorola DCT 1700

The best way to clear out all the issue is to reset the set top box. The old settings will get deleted and then it will scan for all new guides and signal in your media center pc. Now you will here need the remote control of DCT 1700 to reset it completely. First to cold initialize it keep pressing the power key on the remote control to properly turned on and off. Then hold on for 3 seconds and then press the number 3 key from the remote. The Power Led light will flash at a slow rate. Then again after some seconds press the 2 key and the flash led will blink fast. Then press the 8 key to run the cold reset. Always make note that there should be a minimum gap of 3 seconds between each key pressed. Otherwise the operation will fail. This will delete all the information from the flash memory of set top box except the firmware.

Motorola DCT 1700 set top box is a standard Mpeg2 digital video processor. It supports ATSC standard and Dolby Digital sound processing. It has a on board real time RF return. The box has a 90-860 Mhz tuner with Digital Diagnostic. It support a Ir support for remote control and some other features. I am attaching a manual for the drives so that you can install it properly. To update the firmware for the box you can first connect it your pc. Then go to device manager and look for the Device in the list. Right click on it and select update drivers.
    Manual of Motorola DCT 1700

Just sync the set top box properly to your media center system. You do not need any additional update and drivers for the same. I will recommend you to enter the Diagnostic screen of the box and configure it properly. To do this take the remote and press the power key to turn on the box. Then after 5 second press the power button again. The set top box will turned off and then after 2 seconds press the off button again. A Diagnostic Main menu will appear on the screen. Use the channel key to select and add the settings. The select OK to run the Diagnostic service and press the power back to shut it off. The set top box is equally compatible with many operating system and easy to configure also.