Thread: Need Media Center IR Remote code

Need Media Center IR Remote code

Hi,
    Does any know the IR codes of Media Center Remote control. I was searching for the same for a long time but hardly found something. The codes can help me out to configure a different remote control on the Media center PC. Also I want to know the warranty on the remote control and which Remote does not support the Media center. There are many buttons on it and it is really hard to remember the codes for each of them. Also what is a better way to use the remote and get a proper work out of it. Sometime my remote drops the signal out. I keep on pressing but the screen do not give any output. Anyone faced similar issue please send suggestion done by your. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need Media Center IR Remote code

The IR codes only work on Microsoft OEM remote control. It is compatible with Windows XP media center edition. The Remote uses a USB based IR receive to send and receive signals. It is not necessary to buy a remote from the OEM supplier only. You are independent to use the compatible remotes in the market. When you press the buttons like enter, up or down they send normal keystrokes to the pc for any applications. The Mce1 Remote is not compatible for this codes. I am listing you some frequently used shortcuts. The most common are navigation keys, then comes enter or space bar key launch any file, jump back key, previous page and post page keys, etc. This remotes comes with 1 year on site warranty.

There are many IR remotes in the market manufactured by different companies which work on multiple media center pc. I am listing some very common IR Remote codes which can give you a general idea about the IR Remote functioning. The coding is called RC5 code. The codes allows to use 2048 command that was transmitted to 32 addressable groups of 64 command in each size. They are 0 - TV Set, 2 - Teletext, 5 - Video recorder, 16 - preamplifier, 17 - receiver/tuner, 18 - tape/cassette recorder, 19 - experimental. Then comes here some command code from o-9. The codes below are listed number wise starting from zero. They are 12 - standby, 13 - mute, 14 - presets, 16/17 - - volume +/-, 18/19 brightness +/-, 20/21 - colour saturation +/-, 22/23 - bass +/-, 24 - treble +/-, etc. You can view more online. This are the most common one.

Your IR remote comes with 1 year warranty. If it is not working then you can replace it by calling the customer care support. For the better performance first that the batteries in it are fully charge and there is not obstruction between the signal of remote and media center pc. If you have place any object in the middle then move it. Second thing you will have to take care that the remote is properly installed in the media center pc. You can see this by going in device manger and right clicking on the remote. By selecting the IRS remote hard ware and checking the status window. Just update the new drivers and try back again.