Thread: Need Details on Hauppauge 1800 TVR

Need Details on Hauppauge 1800 TVR

Hi,
    I had recently purchased Hauppauge 1800 TVR card for my Windows Media Center PC. I had received a ATI card but that was rotten out and then I decided to get this one. I need some general user feedback on this card. That what are the qualities and other features of this card. Does it is better for media center pc or I had to get something else which much better than it. I am damn crazy about the HD movies and music. I really enjoy watching them so I want my hardware to give me maximum performance without any further glitch. I am ready to spend some more amount if anyone can convince that he is using that particular one. Thanks anyways for any suggestion.

Re: Need Details on Hauppauge 1800 TVR

It is good to go with Hauppauge. It is a very popular card especially for Media center pc. It is PCI Ex card type which gives you a good performance and output. The best thing about it I like that it is compatible with all the operating system and you can get the drivers easily. The card can read ATSC HDTV, QAM, Analog TV, Radio, Video input adapter, Pci Express support, etc. That means you can not only view your Digital channels but also you Analog on air channels which will converted to HTDV format. The QAM receiver support helps you to catch all the unencrypted HD channels from a TV cable. So it does not matter weather you have a paid subscription service or not. It is a ATSC HDTV type card so you can get a maximum of HDTV output. Reads all the today HD format. It is an great converting tool.

I recommend Hauppauge TV Card for reliability and quality. In today when we have a ample of TV broadcasting service and that too brings HD quality audio and sound at your doorstep then this card can be your choice. I had enjoyed the same for more than 6 months and never discovered any quality flaw. But still for channels the broadcast is responsible for bad quality. Otherwise the card does your entire work. The simple tool is not only a receiver but a converter which can convert any type of signal to HDTV output. The support of Digital channels makes it more user friendly. Still many new technologies are getting developed in the market so you cannot stick to one. But as start for your Media Center you can go for it without any doubt.

Hauppauge is a nice card but there are still more TVR cards in the market. I had used Hauppauge before things work fine for a long time but after a period I need to upgrade. It is natural that after using a hardware for some time it needs a updgrade. I am now decided to go for a upgrade. So on I came to conclusion by studying a ample of card. The card which I found on the top list are ATI TV Wonder Elite, ATI - All - In - Wonder X800 XL, Hauppauge, Diamond Xtreme, etc. I will now recommend the first one. ATI TV Wonder Elite. It is new one and has more additional support and features.