Thread: Ati Radeon clone mode in Windows

Ati Radeon clone mode in Windows

I have a ATI RADEON card in my system which ruining Windows XP with 2 Gigs of RAM. I had hooked up two LCD television on my system. One is my widescreen monitor and the other one is my LCD TV. I am trying to use both of them in clone mode. I want both the monitor to give a HD output. But there is big difference on both the screens. I need some solution for the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Ati Radeon clone mode in Windows

It is really a tedious job to use a dual monitor under clone mode. It needs the latest catalyst drivers and control center. If you do not have the latest update the you will find very hard to use the dual monitor sequence in your system. Other thing will matters is the resolution. You have to place a single resolution for both the monitors. Otherwise the LCD TV will just use up the VGA cable and give you a standard output.

The same I had tried before on my Acer laptop. In my case it needs some proper configuration settings and downloads. After that everything works fine. First download all the latest drivers and plugins like OpenGL for your system. Then right click on the Desktop > Properties > settings > advance. In the display tab enable a resolution of 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 which should be the maximum resolution. Then click on OK.

The first way you can do is use the Remote desktop feature to work on two monitors. Otherwise you will have to disable a Multi GPU because Windows XP do not allow to use two monitors in SLI mode. But in the same way Windows Vista and Windows 7 does not has this issue. You mainly want your GPU to process the graphic of both the monitors. So by disabling it you can get better effects. The system just make the second video adapter disable for monitors and assign a single one.