Thread: Video Card not compatible with Media Center

Video Card not compatible with Media Center

Hi,
    Last night I had launched Windows Media Center to view my movies. Then I press Ctrl+Alt+Enter to switch the screen to full mode. But instead of going to full screen mode a error pops up stating that the Video card or Driver is not compatible with the Media Center edition. My card is not a old one and the movies work fine under thumbnail view. But a full screen view gives errors. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Re: Video Card not compatible with Media Center

The main reason behind this problem is when you try to enter a full screen mode at the time when cmd is open. Exit cmd and then again try to switch to full screen mode. The cmd windows uses the system vga graphic driver which cause such issues. Go the site of your TV tuner card and update the latest drivers and firmware. It will not come back again.

The best and easy way is to update your latest driver. Every tuner card has a driver cd with it. Just simply run it. If you are using the onboard video card then just run your motherboard cd drivers. Try the below option before that. It can also cause due to validaton. First click on start menu > run and then type \Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\CasPol.exe -s off. Hit enter and restart your pc. Then check back again.

If you are facing the problem with the Media Center then this can help you out. First download and install .Net Framework 1.1 or 2.0 beta version. Then download and install the latest SDK for your operating system. After that copy the eshell.exe from c>ehome to temporary directory. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\version\bin and then open ildasm.exe. From it click on File and then open eshell.exe. Again click on File > Dump.