Thread: Which is better between Comcast HDTV box or Cable

Which is better between Comcast HDTV box or Cable

I want to know that which is better for a home theater system. I had a Comcast digital set top box. If I installed just a Comcast HD cable then will it do or it is necessary to install the box also. If any user was building a new HTPC then what should he consider. As the prime function is recording. What are the experiences for those who are already using it. Just buying a good cable card can do. That means a good TV tuner card can fulfill the need.

Re: Which is better between Comcast HDTV box or Cable

Here I have some useful tips for use. This can help you to determine a maximum output quality. First check out that the data carrier like your cable should not be below -10. Always keep clean the lines and cables which are connected to your TV. Avoid dust and moisture. A normal comcast cable can give you an awesome output with no issue if it is configured properly. Update latest firmware for all the hardware it will increase the performance.

There are numerous ways by which you can increase your output quality. I am using a Digital Cable Tuner card. It is fixed in my computer with a Digital cable to the TV. It is an expensive tool but the quality output isjust great. Then the second thing you have to see is clearqam. It is necessary that your TV tuner must support it. By this you can receive some HD channels without the need of a HD set top box. The last thing you need to check is the HD PVR that is attached to the cable box.

I had listed some Pro and Cons of both the type of hardware. This can be used to determine that which is more better. If we talk about the cable card or cable then it gives a direct output to your TV. That means with no disturbance it directly transmit the signal to you TV. You can hope for a superior output. You get a better scaling job on you TV. The only bad part of this that there is absent of many interactive features that the other boxes has. But if go with th cable boxes then DVR are termed as the best way of recording a HD show. The cable can does not give you that quality what a DVR can give.